This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tight lower back

Started by Nikhil Das Nomula, March 25, 2017 · 7 Replies · 200 Views

Nikhil Das Nomula

I have been having issues with my lower back since past 6 months. I got it checked by the doctor and the X-rays look fine, however it just feels really tight in my lower back whenever I do squats or when I get up early in the bed. How do I loosen that up? 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Nikhil Das Nomula,

Make sure you warmup properly before moving. If you have the Fundamentals Course I would suggest that you do your limbering as a daily warmup. I would also suggest that you consider on availing the Thoracic Bridge Course as it will greatly help you loosen up your entire back

(if you don't have the Course).

Ryan Reynolds

How's your mattress?  I started having some back pain in the mornings and it went 80% away with a new bed.

Antonio Alías Montoya
On 25/3/2017 at 9:50 AM, Nikhil Das Nomula said:

I have been having issues with my lower back since past 6 months. I got it checked by the doctor and the X-rays look fine, however it just feels really tight in my lower back whenever I do squats or when I get up early in the bed. How do I loosen that up? 

Same problem here Nikhil. Usually when you feel tight in your lower back is because the muscles around the pelvic area are too tight. Can be specially hamstrings, hip flexors or obliques tightness. Front Split is a must plus some oblique strecht. Middle split and Thoracic bridge would be ideal too.

Nikhil Das Nomula
On March 25, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Nikhil Das Nomula,

Make sure you warmup properly before moving. If you have the Fundamentals Course I would suggest that you do your limbering as a daily warmup. I would also suggest that you consider on availing the Thoracic Bridge Course as it will greatly help you loosen up your entire back

(if you don't have the Course).

Thank you Coach Leo. Ok I currently have fundamentals and foundations one. Will perform do limbering before foundations every day.  

Nikhil Das Nomula
On March 25, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Ryan Reynolds said:

How's your mattress?  I started having some back pain in the mornings and it went 80% away with a new bed.

I had issues with a mattress so I changed it. Ohh ok, what mattress do you use, like is it a memory foam or a box-spring mattress?

Nikhil Das Nomula
On March 26, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

Same problem here Nikhil. Usually when you feel tight in your lower back is because the muscles around the pelvic area are too tight. Can be specially hamstrings, hip flexors or obliques tightness. Front Split is a must plus some oblique strecht. Middle split and Thoracic bridge would be ideal too.

@Antonio Alías Montoya Aah ok, will consider getting the front split. Did it gradually subside once you started with your front, middle and thoracic split? 

 

Antonio Alías Montoya
11 hours ago, Nikhil Das Nomula said:

@Antonio Alías Montoya Aah ok, will consider getting the front split. Did it gradually subside once you started with your front, middle and thoracic split? 

 

Front Split was my last aquisition and the series that I ve worked the less, only for 2 months, so I haven t seen yet a big difference. It was just a check point to know my tight areas. So I can t tell you for sure yet. I also have a broken disc and sciatic from times to times, so if my back gets irritated I need a lot of time to recover 100% again. I m taking it as a long life benefit.