This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Injury recovery

Started by Christopher Egan, March 24, 2017 · 1 Replies · 205 Views

Christopher Egan

I strained my front/inner groin muscle on the right side a few weeks ago.  I believe the injury possibly occurred over time doing tuck ups.  I have since refrained from the exercise and am resting the area.  Debating about halting all core work until pain subsides.  I should say I have had this pain in the other leg in the past but never on the right side. I'm likely predisposed to this weakness.  Rest and ice for now until pain subsides.  My question is has anyone experienced this kind of pain doing tuck ups and if so what rehab exercises would you recommend?  I should say I experienced no pain while doing the excercise, just afterwards when bringing my knee towards my chest.  Occassional shooting pain when walking up stairs. Rest has certainly helped but I want to avoid re-occurrence when I resume.  Thoughts?

Darin Phoenix

Hi Christopher, 

Your idea about refraining from all core work until you are not experiencing pain is the correct one. Pain is definitely not something to be ignored or trained through at any time, not only will it delay the healing process but in all likelihood do further damage. 

The best course of action is to rest and get an in-person diagnosis from a medical practitioner. This is the only way to correctly diagnose an injury and provide the appropriate rehabilitation strategies.