This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Manna PE4 & beyond

Started by Bill Marr, March 23, 2017 · 6 Replies · 180 Views

Bill Marr

I work-out at home. No stall bars :(. Manna PE1 thru PE3 are totally doable at home. Once you hit PE4, I can do the Hanging Leg Raises, but only hanging from a pull-up bar...so the movement is compromised as the back and shoulders aren't fixed. With PE5 and for the foreseeable future PEs, the various Hanging Leg Raises are also compromised. And the iM's are down-right impossible (at least I can't see a work around) without stall bars. So as of today, I am doing compromised PE6 Negative Hanging Leg Lifts that don't isolate the core nor give the full range of motion. For the iM, I am doing Standing Weighted Pike Hangs and adding weight, interspersed with V-Ups. 

Any suggestions on improvisations that can be done at home in the short term? Am moving late summer and likely joining a gym where stall bars will be a prerequisite. Ideas on filling gap until then?

Alessandro Mainente

YOu can make the V-ups harder by holding a wood bar with the hands and try to pass over the straight legs as you reach the maximum compression.

Bill Marr

Thanx, Alessandro ... great idea.

Greg White

I think theres a video of the exercise Alex describes in this post. Youll need to scroll a bit to find it.

Bill Marr

Thanks, Greg. I remember seeing that. Will be a challenge to perform them, especially at that pace. Cheers!

Bradley OConnell

@Bill Marr if your pull up bar is in a doorway, you can use rope or string to hang a couple of dowels down to support your shoulders and lower back. Just make sure that the dowels, broom stick or whatever you use is wider than the doorway so that it rests on the sides of the door frame. I hope that makes sense. 

Bill Marr

I'll give that a shot...could help with the various leg raises for sure.