This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Noisy hips

Started by Amanda Montalvo, March 23, 2017 · 3 Replies · 119 Views

Amanda Montalvo

Hi everyone!

Looking for some feedback on my noisy hips. When I do the supine flares in the middle split flexibility video my hips sound like they are popping and grinding the whole time (it's not painful just annoying). I tried shortening the movement since I'm guessing this is not good. I am pretty flexible so it no longer feels challenging.

Any tips on other exercises to help get rid of all the popping and grinding? Is shortening the movement correct?

Thanks!

Amanda

Alessandro Mainente

HI Amanda, are you feeling pain? this point it is extremely important.

Alyssa Morar

Hi Alessandro, I have this same problem and I do feel some pain. It's not extreme but it is enough that I have been skipping the exercise. I am fairly flexible but I have more ROM in my middle splits than my front splits. Do you think this might be the problem?Do you have any advice for me? 

 

Many thanks!

Alyssa

Leo Trinidad

Hi Amanda and Alyssa,

As Alex said it is very important to distinguish the difference between discomfort and pain. We do not train through pain. I have experience clicking in my hips as well but I do not encounter any pain at all. As much as possible we try to lengthen during the stretches. As for the moment, it is best to skip the exercises that you encounter pain with.