This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Super Beginner

Started by Mthokozisi Duma, March 23, 2017 · 5 Replies · 89 Views

Mthokozisi Duma

Hello everybody,

I just purchased the fundamentals course this morning after reading and seeing great things about Gymnasticbodies. I've been an athlete, in some shape or form, all my life and am also an avid weight trainee. Over the years I've found that my flexibility and ROM has greatly decreased so much so that at one stage I couldn't bend down to touch my toes. I recently started incorporating yoga and am hoping this course will also help in that regard.

I wanted to find out a few things first though.

1) How do people who weight train incorporate the program into their daily routine? Is it something I could do each day before I go to train or would it be better suited to doing it on it's own day?

2) Is it better to kick off on a Monday just so the lessons can run through the "working" week and rest up at the weekend?

My apologies if these have been previously asked.

Kind Regards

Mthoko 

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Mthoko,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the GymnasticBodies community!

Awesome questions. GST will definitely help your mobility and yoga practice. 

I recommend to start your workout with your Fundamentals lesson. It's a great way to warm up your body and prepare for other activities. Most students also continue to do the limbering exercises as a warmup before their workout when moving on to the other courses. On days you don't have a workout you can do the lessons on their own. 

There are no established sets and reps for Fundamentals. You are only required to do the follow along for a given day but are welcome to 'play' with some of the other movements you are having trouble with.

Click the links below to learn more about how the Fundamentals course works. 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/fundamentals/introduction/

No need to apologize for asking questions, we love helping new students getting started. Let us know if you need further assistance or have any other questions!

Also feel free to post your training/progress on the forum. We are looking forward to follow your GST journey :) 

Mthokozisi Duma

Thank you Pauline, really appreciate the help.

I'm on Day 3 of the Fundamentals an am doing the exercises pre and post the resistance training I do. I will keep you posted and hopefully get some assistance with form.

Regards

Mthoko

Mthokozisi Duma

Hello. During Day 2 with the body positioning I found rear support the hardest. I felt some slight pressure through the elbow joint and also felt as though the hamstrings were pulling a lot when I tried to roll the shoulders back and elevate my hips. Is this a normal reaction and would I just need to continue practicing the position or do I need to stretch out the hamstrings on their own?

 

Thank you

Darin Phoenix

It is totally normal to feel some pressure in the elbows and pulling in the hamstrings when first experiencing these positions. Wesley goes into some detail in one of the techniques and scaling videos explaining how feeling pressure in the elbows and wrists is totally normal. Pressure as opposed to sharp pain. The stretch series could be a great addition to help you on your journey back to mobility. Remember, be patient it can take time to undo what has been done.

Mthokozisi Duma

Thank you Darin. I will keep working on it.