This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle running man strange sensation

Started by Garry Barker, March 22, 2017 · 5 Replies · 104 Views

Garry Barker

Hi

Anyone come across this before?

Towards the end of a Straddle running man set I get a strange sensation in the traps and scapulas. It's not painful and goes within a couple of seconds after stopping without any lasting effect but feels really uncomfortable at the time. Just wondered if this was normal? or is this a body response from doing more reps than i should be?

Thanks in advance 

Alessandro Mainente

Are you depressing the scapulae?

Garry Barker

Possibly, I would have to have a go tonight to make sure though.

Garry Barker

I took this tonight. Just wondering if you notice any issues from it. 

Thanks again

 

Alessandro Mainente

Your traps actually work a lot in order to stabilize the twisting of the spine, you are lifting the legs by far more than hips height and this is the mistake. 

Garry Barker
19 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

 

Your traps actually work a lot in order to stabilize the twisting of the spine

 

I didn't know this. It would explain a lot though. Good info, thanks Alessandro