This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Free standing handstand rebalancing

Started by Felix Schreiter, March 21, 2017 · 7 Replies · 217 Views

Felix Schreiter

Hey everyone,

I'm working on my free standing handstand at the moment and wanted to post this up for critique. The first try is definitely the best one and it goes down hill from there. What I can see is that my legs are a bit floppy and not tight enough and that my head is possibly not in the optimal position. Would be interested what you guys think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynu4m9kyx6xm6lt/2017-03-21-VIDEO-00022472.mp4?dl=0

Thanks for any feedback!

Felix

Everett Carroll

Hi Felix,

How is your HS/PE1>iM? Can you submit a video of that progression?

Felix Schreiter

Hi Everett,

I'll make a video on my next workout and post it. To be honest I haven't done this particular mobility element in a while, so you probably hit the nail on the head :)

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Felix your mobility on the shoulder it is very good, the mistake here it is that you are trying to move out from the wall by flexing the hips and this is wrong. try to hold the handstand as much close to the wall with flat hips (on the wall hs try to push the hips to the wall) and try to move the entire body away from the wall by increasing actively the shoulder flexion like IM1, this means do not extend your spine.

Felix Schreiter

Hi Allesandro,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I realised that I was doing that as well. I'll try and be much closer to the wall from now on.

I also uploaded a video of my HS/PE1>iM. I show the grip width in the beginning. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqqp5kgm3fxvvfu/IMG_0159.MP4?dl=0

Thanks again for the feedback,

Felix

Everett Carroll

Hi Felix,

For your HS/PE1>iM, aim for more forward lean. Keep the weight pushed strongly overhead and lean further forward, maintaining a straight back. 

Alessandro Mainente

Also do not extend the wrists.

Felix Schreiter

Thanks for the feedback I'll keep working on it