This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weak middle and lower traps

Started by Adrian Garcia Mendez, March 21, 2017 · 2 Replies · 100 Views

Adrian Garcia Mendez

Hello! I have a question regarding my overall progressions in GST. I've been doing Foundation one since December. I'm on PE4 in lower body,  upper PE2 and lower PE3 in core. I'm almost in PE3 for Straddle Planche and hollow back press but I am very stuck with my incline rows. For more than two months I've been somewhere between step 7 and 8 of PE1 without being able to progress. I should say I have a little of kyphosis (which is getting so much better with GST) so it is understandable that my midback is weak, but after being stuck here but seeing that I'm smoothly progressing everywhere else in my training I am wondering if I should approach things differently. Should I do the upper body routine three times a week instead of twice a week? Should I be patient and just wait until I can pass this threshold? 

Thanks for your help!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Adrian , the beginning elements of the rope climbing focus on the primary elbow flexor during the pulling movement, so they are weak.

Before giving suggestion I prefer to see a video of your execution.

Adrian Garcia Mendez

Thank you @Alessandro Mainente. My technique must be wrong since I don't feel the biceps or brachialis being the problem. I will try to post a video this week. I should say I don't have rings so I use a TRX attached to a door to do the exercise.