This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLPE2 from check

Started by Garry Barker, March 20, 2017 · 27 Replies · 293 Views

Garry Barker

Hi

first form check on this on. Any advise appreciated.

Thank you

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Garry I would like to see a front view of the exercise.

Garry Barker

Hi Alessandro

Hope this is the right view

 

Garry Barker

Hi

Any advice on the form please?

Pauline Taube

This is looking good Garry, nice work :) 

Garry Barker

Thanks Pauline 

Mobility is tough on this one! 

Pauline Taube

Always welcome, Garry.

Feel free to submit a video of the mobility :) 

Garry Barker

Thanks Pauline

This is my best attempt believe it or not!

 

Pauline Taube

This is not bad, Garry. 

I'd recommend to slow down the movement a bit focusing on the full range of motion. As you lean forward focus on pressing your hips backwards. When you lean backwards engage your glutes and arch strongly :) 

Garry Barker

Great, I will work on this for a few more weeks with those pointers

Thanks for the advice Pauline

Garry Barker

Finally able to give this progression a go after injury. Feels a bit tricky. How's it looking please?

 

Leo Trinidad

HI @Garry Barker,

I would say awesome job on that range of motion. Keep up the good work :)

Garry Barker

Great thanks Leo

Garry Barker

Hey

Any advice on this on please

Thank you

 

Leo Trinidad

Looking good Barry. :)

Garry Barker

Hey

First go on this one. How's it looking please?

Thank you

 

Pauline Taube

Nice progress, Garry!

Make sure to keep your knees locked when doing these. You also want to engage your glutes strongly in order to protect your low back :) 

Garry Barker

Ok thanks for the tips Pauline.

Garry Barker

I only did one set of arch ups for a form check and my ARMS are aching like mad today. I'm not complaining because i don't mind a good ache, but was just wondering if this is normal when first doing this exercise?:wacko:

Étienne Lajeunesse
43 minutes ago, Garry Barker said:

I only did one set of arch ups for a form check and my ARMS are aching like mad today. I'm not complaining because i don't mind a good ache, but was just wondering if this is normal when first doing this exercise?:wacko:

Hey Garry!

Yeah! If your upper body is not used to stabilize on only one side, with straight arm, it's totally normal to feel the burn there!

That's one burn I always like to feel :)

Garry Barker

Hey Etienne

Are you meaning on PE3 side over arch? because i got the ache which i expected with these. This ache is after PE4 arch ups (the last posted video above) where the hands are beind the head which is why I found it strange.  Did you ever experience this?

Étienne Lajeunesse
3 minutes ago, Garry Barker said:

Hey Etienne

Are you meaning on PE3 side over arch? because i got the ache which i expected with these. This ache is after PE4 arch ups (the last posted video above) where the hands are beind the head which is why I found it strange.  Did you ever experience this?

Oh sorry I thought it was PE3, I didn't see the arch ups, my bad.

Yeah, it's normal.  Depending on your shoulders flexion and traps/rhomboid strength, keeping your elbows out could make the work harder.  The mobility of the sides over arch will help you build this strength.

Garry Barker

Thanks Etienne.

Its amazing how many weaknesses you find you have moving though the course.

Étienne Lajeunesse
7 minutes ago, Garry Barker said:

Thanks Etienne.

Its amazing how many weaknesses you find you have moving though the course.

Yup! I know what you mean aahha

Garry Barker

How this IM looking please

Thank you