This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rice-krispy joints?

Started by Graeme Wright, March 20, 2017 · 3 Replies · 111 Views

Graeme Wright

I'm not sure if I should be alarmed or not... When completing certain exercises I can hear really light crunching sounds like someone is squishing rice-krispies inside my joints.  I have had something like this in my knees for years, and while I hear it doing squats I also hear it going up stairs and have for a long time so it doesn't bother me.  It recently started in my left shoulder during push-ups though.

No pain or restricted mobility as a result (that I can tell).   Anyone know what cause this?  Should I be worried?

 

Thanks!

Everett Carroll

Hi Graeme,

You are probably just fine but it is worth sending in form checks to video review and asking a physio about it. Lots of people experience small "crunches" sometimes. Since there is no pain it is most likely okay but I always suggest checking with a physio. 

What sort of warmup routine do you use?

Graeme Wright

For most workouts I simply do the daily limber from Fundamentals, but that may not be enough.  Thoughts?

Pauline Taube

Hi Graeme,

The daily limbering routine from Fundamentals is great to use as a warmup. Before performing this routine you can start with some light cardiovascular training to get your blood flowing. This can be 5-10 min of jogging, cycling or jumping.