This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

hollow body rock question

Started by Dana Polojarvi, March 20, 2017 · 4 Replies · 137 Views

Dana Polojarvi

Hello,

 

When I do the hollow body rock exercise (PE2), it often exacerbates some low back pain I have. Always the pain is at the highest point in the rock before descending. I've followed the instructions and the how-to video, so I think I have the form down, but need some preparatory work. Are there any prep exercises for this?

Thanks,

Ilmari

Everett Carroll

Hi Dana,

First off, never train through pain. Low back pain should always be diagnosed by a medical professional so I suggest consulting with one as soon as you can. In the meantime, I suggest your return to FL/PE1 as long as that progression can be trained pain-free. If not, refrain from training hollow bodies until your lower back has been diagnosed and is fully healed. 

Once you are training your hollow bodies without pain, please submit a form check video for feedback. Start with FL/PE1 and FL/PE1>iM. We are always happy to review footage and provide help. 

Dana Polojarvi

Thanks Everett.

 

I appreciate the advice. I don't train through pain, I'm happy to say (learned from injury!). 

How do I go back to FL/PE1? do i just click the sad face icon?

 

Thanks again.

Everett Carroll

Good to hear Dana. I moved you back to FL/PE1, step 9. Let's put FL/PE1 on maintenance until you are able to visit a doctor and sort out your lower back pain. Please keep us updated. 

Dana Polojarvi

Thanks Everett. I appreciate your help. I've already been to the doctor about this as well has a chiropractor. It's a simple alignment problem. If I remember to the do the leg stretches, it goes away. When I do the hollow body rocks, sometimes the crunch position catches me out. That's how I'd put it. Sometimes the mobility exercise then puts me back in the right posture and the pain is gone. It's minor pain, too, nothing hardcore. I'm just very careful about these things, since I have in the past hurt myself through over doing.