This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

diamond frog form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, March 20, 2017 · 8 Replies · 274 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello guys!

In this video I shouw how I do diamond frog stretch.

 

I feel I can lower feet to the ground quite easily. I wonder if I'm cheating in some way...

Am I doing this pose correctly? I have some doubts about that!

Thank you!

Alessandro

Alessandro Mainente

HI Alessandro nice form, how is your middle split progress? (only curiosity).

Alessandro Di Sanzo
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Alessandro nice form, how is your middle split progress? (only curiosity).

Good to know Ale! However for middle split I would say there is a long road ahead!

Just today in this thread I post my frog pose, just to give you an idea...

Leigh Kettle

Wow man,  nice work 

I long for this day lol

This pose in particular is soooo hard for me 

awesome job 

 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Dear Coaches, just a question, is it also possible to lay down completely while performing such stretch, instead of keeping weight on my elbows? 

Basically just like shown in this pic:

frof.png.2f3d5b9d92fbb816403cb60a3831bbdb.png

I feel I can relax far easier this way, and I also feel no stress on my lower back after these 2 minutes stretch.

Does this pose provides the same effects compared to the one shown in the previous video?

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro

 

 

 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

bump

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Alessandro,

@Alessandro Mainente can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe laying down while doing this exercise is okay as long as the hips are flat on the ground. You can see in your picture that you are picking up some pike in the hips. Sitting up on the elbows helps to avoid this problem.

Alessandro Mainente

Yes this is a good correction, first thing NEVER TRY TO REACH THE POSTERIOR PELVIC TILT now if you are piking a bit or you risk to damage the hip. piking means that some restrictions in the groin. another point it is that you cannot reach the floor with the hips if you hold the hips exactly on the same line of the knees. hips must be a little bit forward.

Ferdinand Berr

I recognized that you do the diamond frog a little different from the form in the follow-along videos, where the athletes bring their hips and thighs to the ground first, having their feet in the air and actively pushing down. You instead start with the feet on the floor and then stretch by slightly pushing your torso/hips down, if I'm correct.

Are both versions okay?