PHILIP said:Is this the way you are saying a strict OAP has to be done? If so, I can do it. It's easier to take he opposite foot off. I used to do these all the time before I found this site in a sad attempt to impress the ladies.
Definitely not the ONLY way. This is the most balanced. The version that people are talking about is a bodyweight one arm tricep press, and has a very different focus.
There are videos of girls doing multiple reps of the one arm one leg push ups, so I am quite sure we are all capable of eventually building up to those.
The triceps version... I don't know, but like anything else time and patience will be the key. The triceps version isn't going to do a whole lot for the chest, obviously, but would probably be a pretty good movement to use for building powerful elbow extension. Right now I can say that just doing the two handed triceps push ups both slow and fast( alternating days) makes a massive, massive difference in how muscle ups feel. They just start becoming quite easy after a while.