This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Swivel hips feedback please

Started by Paul Moran, March 20, 2017 · 3 Replies · 87 Views

Paul Moran

Hi 

This is my first form check. I've been working on swivel hips for a while now, and I've seen a lot of progress. Just thought I'd get my form checked, as I'm not sure how strict I need to be. On the follow along video it looks as though Oranges hips actually lift a little, although I can't be sure due to the angle. Are my gluteus lifting too much? Is my knee close enough to the ground? Am I anywhere near mastery? 

I filmed from two angles to give a better view.

Thanks in advance

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Paul, your left hip seems to have less internal rotation compared to the right, in your case I would spend 1 set more on left side for sure. If you can, hold the upper body more vertical.

Paul Moran

Ok thank you, I'll try with a more vertical body and an extra set on my left side. I'll keep plugging away and hopefully submit a video for mastery soon.

Ryan Reynolds

Don't forget about the externally rotating hip.  For mastery it needs to reach the ground as well.