This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Diamond frog

Started by Leigh Kettle, March 18, 2017 · 1 Replies · 120 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys I've a question relating to the diamond frog position and what we should be doing whilst in the position 

coach states during the follow along to stretch long in this position . In my mind this means to keep my knees fixed relative to their distance from my hips and strive to get my feet as far away from my hips as possible whilst  trying to lower them  . Is this correct?  Or should I be trying to spread my knees apart and keep my feet fixed (relative to my hip position )in their starting position as I try and lower them. 

I've also read here that we should ppt in the position. I find this very difficult to do especially in combination with trying to get my hips down  and I experience the "grind" in the hip that we should avoid when I try and do it . What would be the advice here ?

many thanks for your help 

Leigh 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Leigh Kettle, 
 

As you try to lower down your hips, you should try to spread your knees apart. Yes you should avoid the "grinding". In my experience, I use thick mats for this one and also put yoga blocks in between my legs in the first few attempts with minimize holds before going to the actual deep/long stretch/hold. I hope this helps.