This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

First Knuckle/Fingertips walk

Started by Stephanie Hedger, March 18, 2017 · 4 Replies · 171 Views

Stephanie Hedger

I didn't know I was supposed to bend like that. 

So the first knuckle walk I can tell is really tight. I can get the stretch to maybe 70 deg. Does that count as a failure or should I keep progressing?

As for the fingertip walk should they be bending backwards or is it simply a matter of putting pressure on the joints to strengthen them?

Pauline Taube

Hi Stephanie, 

In order for us to give you feedback on your form, please submit a form check. 

For the fingertip walks your fingers may bend to begin with, but as they gain strength, work on keeping them straight :) 

Stephanie Hedger

I've posted videos on youtube of each of the wrist exercises. The wrist walk I find easy, the wrist rock and first knuckle walk seem easy but I'm not sure if I'm lacking mobility and the fingertip walk felt a little sloppy on a couple if I've understood the exercise correctly.
 

Thanks

 

Pauline Taube

Thanks for your submission, Stephanie.

These are looking good, as you said keep working on keeping your fingers straight for the fingertip walks. I think you'll get it soon with a bit of practice :) 

Stephanie Hedger

Thanks for the feedback I'll concentrate on that.