This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New member from Westchester County, NY

Started by Mark Koch, March 17, 2017 · 3 Replies · 40 Views

Mark Koch

Hi my name is Mark.  Heard about program on Tim Ferris podcast.  Just started three days ago and really like the Foundation One program and the quality of the instruction.    I'm 58, fairly fit, do weight lifting, some running, started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu six months ago, and take an occasional yoga class.  Looking forward to the gymnastics training as I had already realized the strength training was making me inflexible and not really helping with BJJ, which requires a lot of mobility.

Interested in the stretching programs as well - at what point should I work those in?

Excited to have found this and looking forward to be part of this community.

Best regards

Mark

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the GymnasticBodies community!

Happy to hear that you're enjoying the program. Good question, Coach Sommer recommend to include the Stretch series from day one. The Stretch series are a great complement to F1 and combining these will allow you to advance faster through the mobility exercises in the Foundations. 

Feel free to reach out again if you have any other questions. We are looking forward to follow your GST journey :) 

Mark Koch

Thanks Pauline!  Will plan on adding the Stretch series.   Each 1 - once per week - correct?  Is there anything else I should be doing, or a particular area on the Forum I should read as a Newbie?

Pauline Taube

That's correct Mark. It's recommended to perform each of the Stretch series once a week. I highly recommend to study your Course Library for both the Foundation and Stretch series too. The technical tip instructions given here are very helpful and will help you to get a better understanding of the movements. 

Here are some introductory articles: 

‪https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/intro/‬

Useful Forum Threads-Here are some informative forum posts to help you learn more:

‪https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/27090-how-the-new-interface-programming-works/‬

‪https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/26950-the-new-f1-course-interface/‬

‪https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10285-shaking/‬

We are always here to help and love getting new students started. If you can't find your answer by searching the forum, feel free to ask any time :)