This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How often can I train?

Started by Stephanie Hedger, March 17, 2017 · 2 Replies · 178 Views

Stephanie Hedger

Basically can I train everything everyday? 

These exercises leave me feeling just slightly sore the next morning but by the 24 hour mark I'm feeling great. Because I'm so used to training most nights I want to train again. If I'm not noticing any dip in performance is it bad to be training at this frequency? (It's not quite the whole program I have F1,M1&H1 so I mix it up a bit)

At this point I'm going with what feels good without any loss of performance unless someone yells loudly that I shouldn't. 

Thanks

Edit: While I'm new to GB I have been doing gymnastics 1-2/week for a couple of years and martial arts 4-5/week so some of these exercises are familiar though the mastery system is an amazing concept that makes smart training so much easier. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi STephanie, in your case if you are not fatigued on doing the scheduled proposed by Coach Sommer, the best idea for the first 6-10 months it is to train the same workout twice a week. Personally I held this schedule for many years and it allows full recover.

Something like

first day -F1 upper + lower

second day - legs + H1 + M1

rest day

first day -F1 upper + lower

second day - legs + H1 + M1

rest day

rest day

 

John Cunningham

Alessandro, is there a typo as you haven't mentioned core and you have legs and lower elements ?