This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Most Favorables of Least Favorables

Started by Antonio Alías Montoya, March 16, 2017 · 4 Replies · 109 Views

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi again Jeff and community!

I ve read all the subforum info and sum it up Jeff s wisdom:

1. Buckwheat: it s not technically a grain. It s okay. (I like it)

2. Quinoa: between thumbs down and neutral. (I like it  sometimes)

3. Amaranthus: seems okay too. (I hate the tastes)

4. Gluten: avoid (very hard... I m gluten intolerant...)

5. Legumes: not the best but not the devil like paleo diet consider. There are some decent.

I know I should avoid all the above for the first time in the program.

My first question is which grain or grains among all the grains and which legume or legumes among all the legumes are the least worst? To include them from time to time. I still need a bit of them please!!

Second question. I still don t understand the difference between instant oats and not instant. When I googled "gluten free rolled oats" it showed me "oat flakes", so I tought the difference is if the flake is in a whole piece or is broken in many pieces, sometimes even so broken that it s like a flour, or do you mean like real oats that you have to cock them for almost one hour??? I bought gluten free oat flakes, just the whole thing. Should we avoid whole grain oats?

 

Jeff Serven

When you eat legumes don't worry about which is best or not. They are all relatively close. And yes they aren't that bad. 

Instant oats are usually not just "oat" they have many things added. Oats don't contain gluten so fluent free is basically saying there is no filler and it was not processed on the same machines that handle gluten. free rooted oats are thicker and take a little longer to digest and cook. 

Antonio Alías Montoya
6 minutes ago, Jeff Serven said:

When you eat legumes don't worry about which is best or not. They are all relatively close. And yes they aren't that bad. 

Instant oats are usually not just "oat" they have many things added. Oats don't contain gluten so fluent free is basically saying there is no filler and it was not processed on the same machines that handle gluten. free rooted oats are thicker and take a little longer to digest and cook. 

Thanks Jeff,

sorry but I m still not sure about the oats, maybe is because of the language. How long does it take to cook this oats? This is what I bought: http://www.eljardindellibro.com/productos/__copos-avena-sin-gluten.php?gclid=CJ3hsdvq29ICFQYo0woduUcAZw

I read about the gluten and not gluten. My doubt is about instant. My oats has always been cocked very fast, unless I buy the real grain.

Jeff Serven

In a very basic summary yes that is the difference in milling. Instant oats aren't the only thing in the "instal oat" bag, thats the real problem. Steel cut or rolled are both great options.