I am still at a level where nothing has been removed from my diet, only things included. I know potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice are good starch. Gluten is "unfavorable". Does that mean I should try to eliminate gluten? Or just not count it toward my starch? I don't eat a ton of it, but I do sometimes eat whole wheat bread, whole wheat or whole rye crackers. I also eat unprocessed whole oats and bran in my homemade muesli. I have never had a digestive problem with whole grains, though I don't feel well when I eat white bread (bread, pasta, pizza crust) products, so I try to avoid those. Also, where do things like beans fit in? I do eat a fair amount of hummus. I was also wondering why white rice but not brown rice was recommended. Brown rice tastes better and fills me up more. Is it because a higher glycemic carb (but not refined sugar) is better to recover from working out?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Thrive part 1/starch questions
Started by Shari Lawrence, March 16, 2017 · 3 Replies · 105 Views
Hi Shari,
Thanks for reaching out. Your focus for right now is simply adding in the items from your current tasks. In an ideal world, you would avoid gluten and replace it with a more favorable starch. As long as you get a starch, however, the task is complete. Maybe Jeff will chime in but I count beans as legumes and those are listed as least favorable. I have heard Jeff mention that white rice is one of the least allergenic foods on the planet and I'm sure that plays a role. The more technical aspects of nutrition, including workout nutrition information, may be coming in Thrive 2. I hope sure hope they are!
Hello! I'm at step 8 of Thrive - adding a starch. Just to clarify, a starch every dinner?
I eat starch about once a week right now.
Hi Katherine,
Yes, a starch at every dinner will fulfill your dinner starch task for each day.