Not going to skip any MN progressions but I started training the L-sit at 20s to strengthen my current F2 progressions which require an L. How does this look? It may not be clear from the angle but I'm doing my best to keep my scapula depressed.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Petri Widsten, March 16, 2017 · 10 Replies · 193 Views
Not going to skip any MN progressions but I started training the L-sit at 20s to strengthen my current F2 progressions which require an L. How does this look? It may not be clear from the angle but I'm doing my best to keep my scapula depressed.
Hi Petri,
First off, I'd like to suggest that you don't specifically train this unless you have mastered all of the MN progressions leading up to it. Some extra play with the L-sit after your core workout is totally fine but your time would be best spent focusing on your current MN progression.
Now for some tips:
-Point your toes and ensure your legs are totally locked.
-Over time, you want to completely eliminate any fidgeting like Coach mentions in the focus points. Fight to remain as still as possible.
-Strong scapular depression is a must so keep a strong focus there as well.
Hi Everett
Appreciate the feedback. Training this won't replace PE6 (except when it rains; my stall bars are outside) that's mostly a grip challenge. It's a finisher on my FL days so fidgeting due to fatigue may be unavoidable for a while but I'll make sure to point my toes.
How's this? I've increased my sets to 5 but cut the duration to 15s. I train this on the same day as PE6. I find that the grip challenge of PE6 and the scap depression of the L-sits complement each other nicely.
bump
An open chest will keep the hands next to the hips. Essential for scissors.
You should try to pull back the bars in order to see the hips moving forward in between the hands.
So to refine the form I'll move the hips forward relative to the hands to open the chest more. Thanks, guys!
On 10/04/2017 at 8:43 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:You should try to pull back the bars in order to see the hips moving forward in between the hands.
OK, I tried that. How does this compare to previous attempt? Should I have the hips forward and/or open the chest even more?
Nice form! keep work on that!
Awesome, thanks Alessandro. Currently I'm splitting my MN training between this and my current progression, PE7. When I come home from work it's already too dark to train PE7 on my stall bars so I can only train it in the weekends.