Hi, is there a recommended order in which to do the exercise groups?
Having looked through the forum there are plenty of references to doing each element in the order shown in the follow-along videos but what I am asking is whether there is a preference for core before upper, or vice versa, when training them in the same session. I ask because there are some core demands whilst doing upper.
And where to put Lower into this mix too.
Thank you.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
F7 order
Started by James Hill, March 15, 2017 · 8 Replies · 193 Views
Hi James,
Use the follow along videos and your exercise order will be handled for you. Simply train the exercises in the order they are presented in your follow along workouts. Some of the threads on the forums about exercise order predate the follow along videos. Now you don't have to worry about which order to train them in.
I would do it in this order: Upper, Lower and Core.
I like to have core completely fired before working extremities.
Is there value of rotating the order of the exercises within a grouping? For instance, for Upper Body, the sequence is HBP > RC > FL. If you are working in the later Steps of these exercises (Steps 7 - 9), it can make for a gruelling session. Doing HBP 4 x 12 can affect your ability to do a RC 4 x 9. Would it make sense to reverse that order occasionally to vary the endurance affects on each exercise?
Also, when it comes to mastery, it would be easier to succeed at mastery of an element if completing it at the same time as being on Step 1 - 3 on the other exercises. Should that be a consideration in achieving mastery? Someone capable of achieving mastery at a level of HBP, RC & FL in the same session would certainly be more "worthy" of mastery than someone achieving mastery on only one?
I'm only mentioning it now because I train UB twice a week now in Steps 7 - 9 on all three and it's going to be a bear to achieve mastery on any of them due to the length and intensity of these elements. Could this be a reason so many of us are stuck on specifically HBP & RC PE2?
Thanks for your feedback everyone.
Everett, what I am alluding to is not the order of the exercises within the sector but in which order to do the sectors (as Antonio and Mark alluded to). As far as I know I still need to click on upper/lower/core to begin a video, there is not a F7 video unless I have missed it.
James
Hi James,
That order is completely up to you. We suggest beginners start off with Coach Sommer's recommended schedule. If, over time, you decide to add in more than one workout per day, you have complete flexibility with how you order the three follow along workouts. Feel free to experiment and see which one works best for you. There is no "best" order. I'm with Mark on Core first, then UB and LB or LB and UB.
Thanks Everett. Sometimes other commitments mean that in order to get my workouts in for the week I need to do everything on one day. When that happens I will follow you and Mark with Core first.
It probably depends also on your strenghts and weaknesses which exercises to take first? My weakest link is currently Upper Body rows, which I always do first, as that way I'm able to put more energy and focus on improving that weakest link. If I would start from Core, I would put more energy there and later there wouldn't be so much fuel left in tank for the rows anymore. Somebody else might have it the other way around.