This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Nuts: to eat or not to eat?

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, March 15, 2017 · 2 Replies · 73 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello guys!

Just a clarification about nuts.

I read in other threads that nuts for breakfast should be a temporary thing until our transition to a real breakfast. They have a certain amount of antinutrients, so (at least I guess) they are not 100% compliant to Thrive.

In the beginning I used to add wallnuts for breakfast (coupled with greek yogurt for example). However, following the advice above I thought that removing them and replacing with a higher amount of other sources 100% compliant was the best choice: in practice I added more greek yogurt or eggs for example, in order to still have a "big" breakfast.

So basically now nuts are completely off from my diet: not only for breakfast but also for the other daily meals. So my question is : Am I acting in the ideal way? Is this the ideal habit I should look for? Or to have a bit of them, at breakfast or as a snack (e.g. in the mid morning/afternoon) is still a great option (I wrote great on purpose: not ok or similar), and I'm overthinking about it?

Thanks in advance guys!

Alessandro

 

 

 

Jeff Serven

Alessandro, nuts are fine they just are great like everyone claims. On days where your in a pinch you need a snack nuts are a great choice. I just wouldnt eat them every single day as a dietary staple. I keep some in my car for when Im on the go. Continue to eat them just don't rely on them for your "meals" 

You are doing good, I think you have ideal habits. 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
18 hours ago, Jeff Serven said:

Alessandro, nuts are fine they just are great like everyone claims. On days where your in a pinch you need a snack nuts are a great choice. I just wouldnt eat them every single day as a dietary staple. I keep some in my car for when Im on the go. Continue to eat them just don't rely on them for your "meals" 

You are doing good, I think you have ideal habits. 

Good to know! Thank you very much for the clarification, Jeff! I'm going to act as you suggested! :)

Alessandro