This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New to GST - some questions related to the program.

Started by Nicklas Johansson, March 14, 2017 · 6 Replies · 167 Views

Nicklas Johansson

Hi, 

Yesterday I decided to start my GST journey - so excited!  I have a backround in crossfit and have really liked the gymnastic-parts of crossfit. After hearing Coach Sommer on the Tim Ferris podcast I decided to try it out for real! Been doing a lot of gymnastic training in 2017 with really good results in both strenght and mobility. 

I have some questions though, or in some regards statements that I would like to have confirmed. 

1)

I bought Foundation 1. I only have access to Lower Body, Upper Body and Core in the available workout-section? The rest of the listed workouts (like Handstand and Movement etc) are just teasers and become available if I buy those programs, right? Got a bit confused at first. 

2)

I'm aware that I only gone through one day so far and really don't have a clue how demanding the program will get. 

I did dthe first core and the first lower body workout last night and it took approx 15 minutes, and wasn't demanding at all. 

I'm used to workout 2 hours 4-5 days a week and thought that a could do several progressions in a row until I found the level that is suitable for me.  That's not possible, right? Let's say I go through all core workouts until I find the correct level for my fitness level... 

If I (for example) programme Core 4 days a week it's still the same workout and volume throughout the week even though I rated the workout very easy with the smiley-system? I guess I have to wait until next week to get the next progression, is that correct?  

You don't have a test or like a becnhmark to determine wether someone is ready for Foundation 2 directly?

 

Best Regards 

Nicklas Johansson

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Nicklas,

Welcome to GymnasticBodies!

 

1. Those sample workouts are associated with other courses and will become available upon purchase.

2. The workouts update each day, not each week. You're of course free to do more each week, but I suggest performing each workout once per week for at least the first month. This will allow your body to adapt to GST. If you're looking for more challenging workouts, don't worry. They are quickly coming!

This initial period of relatively easier workouts is intentional. It gives you the chance to work on your mobility and form; I strongly recommend submitting videos to our video review service now. We are always there to help you guys master execution. There's no rush and everyone can benefit from at least a few sessions of the most basic strength and mobility progressions. 

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

While logged into the course portal. Be sure to read everything you have access to several times over... just not in
"One sitting." A lot of common questions are already answered.

The teaser parts can be completed, if you wish. However it will not be counted as part of your "Logged" workout.

Janno Rillo
22 hours ago, Nicklas Johansson said:

I'm used to workout 2 hours 4-5 days a week and thought that a could do several progressions in a row until I found the level that is suitable for me.  That's not possible, right? Let's say I go through all core workouts until I find the correct level for my fitness level...

2 hours 4-5 days a week- sounds like you did lot's of isolation work or endurance training before? I think with GB you just found a good way to spare a few hours every week from your old routine:)

Nicklas Johansson
20 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hi Nicklas,

Welcome to GymnasticBodies!

 

1. Those sample workouts are associated with other courses and will become available upon purchase.

2. The workouts update each day, not each week. You're of course free to do more each week, but I suggest performing each workout once per week for at least the first month. This will allow your body to adapt to GST. If you're looking for more challenging workouts, don't worry. They are quickly coming!

This initial period of relatively easier workouts is intentional. It gives you the chance to work on your mobility and form; I strongly recommend submitting videos to our video review service now. We are always there to help you guys master execution. There's no rush and everyone can benefit from at least a few sessions of the most basic strength and mobility progressions. 

Thanks for your reply Everett! 

 

//Nicklas 

Nicklas Johansson
2 hours ago, Janno Rillo said:

2 hours 4-5 days a week- sounds like you did lot's of isolation work or endurance training before? I think with GB you just found a good way to spare a few hours every week from your old routine:)

Hi, 

No actually not so much isolation work. But you know- 15-20 minutes warm up, 45 hour strenght training like oly lifts/ squats etc and some kind of conditioning work to finish off. well, maye not 2 hour effective but close to...  

When I've done gymnastic training the past months I've worked maybe 1 hour with mobility and HS, and then another 1 hour alternating between straight arm strenght (SAS) and bent arm strenght (BAS) between days. This has probably been 2 hours effective time though with my Mob/HS + SAS or BAS

Well I just had some concerns and questions after my first workout and also realised that some of my questions were adressed in the information, I'm sure this program will require all my attention pretty soon:-) 

/Nicklas 

 

 

Antonio Alías Montoya

Welcome Niklas! My recommendation: read all the info and use the forum, nice info here too. Second thing would be add the stretch courses! You re life and your training will improve. Enjoy!