This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE3 form feedback

Started by George Traganidas 235308, March 13, 2017 · 9 Replies · 133 Views

George Traganidas 235308

I have being trying to do the PE3 of the handstand series and I can not get to balance for more than 5 sec, if I am lucky. It is so hard, I do not know what to do? I either do not kick up with enough power and fall on my front or too much and I fall on my back. For the 5 secs that I managed to balance I fell on my front. The progression from PE2 to PE3 looks like a huuuge jump :) What am I missing?

I post here the thread with my PE2 videos and feedback.

:)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9SwWGTeydS9QzdwQU1lbl95UHc

Thanks,

George

PS. I know that you are guys putting a lot of effort to making the Foundation course even more awesome, but to me it seems you are moving from 95% awesome to 96% awesome. Where the videos of the Handstand course are at about 30% awesome and they can take some improvement. I know that it is your business and you are running it based on your priorities, but as a student I would like to see the how-to video for the handstand, because they will be of more help to me. I am selfish, I know.

Suzanna McGee

When I started to do this one, I was so scared. So I went to the wall. I was close enough that if I lean over, then I touch it. But far enough that it gave me the space to do it "free". Then, I was doing it really slow. You kick so hard, I suspect it's hard to find the balance. Maybe lift just one leg straight up, and then just gently push off with the bottom leg and search for the balance already there. Then slowly bring the bottom leg up. Or also I opened the legs wide (which got my booty more over my shoulders) and then I just slowly lifted them. Sometimes I overbalanced and touched the wall, but it was so little, I just pushed myself back to the elbow stand and prolonged the time where I was searching and finding the balance. I think the "going " will give you tons of success. And the wall/pole behind you, so you don't need to start over so many times. 

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks Suzanna. I will try to do it with the wall behind me and maybe with a few different ways of getting off the floor. I just stuck with the bent knees example, because that is what the guy was showing in the exercise video.

Any more pointers from any of the instructors? @Jeffrey Bittner , @Leo Trinidad , @Everett Carroll , @Alessandro Mainente ? Sorry to ping you guys, but I feel stuck :(

George

Alessandro Mainente

Cross the fingers behind the head and also move the elbows together, now actually you do not have the necessary leverage on the elbows to fight against the weight. 

My preference here it is to walk slowly with bent knees closer to the hands and feel how the weight moves from feet to elbows, when this begin to happen it is the time to kick.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks for the feedback. This actually did the trick !!!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi George, PE it is ok BUT IM must be revisited, no lean it is showed in the execution also I think you are using a too large grip with additional weight, until you reached the shoulder width with 1 kg there is no reason to add weight.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks.

Pauline Taube

Job George,

Awesome job on your PE. Make sure to squize those legs together.

On the iM focus on leaning forward rather than moving your arms. The arms should not move forwards. The arms should be over your head in the starting position, as you lean forward they'll be pulled behind your ears :)