This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Warmup Routine

Started by Benjamin Lombard, March 13, 2017 · 5 Replies · 310 Views

Benjamin Lombard

I'm about 6 months into the Foundations 1 and Handstand 1 courses and I'm looking for a quality warmup routine to perform before each workout.  I'm looking to limber up my muscles in less than 10 minutes.  I've been performing a makeshift dynamic stretching warmup for the past couple of months that has helped prepare me for each workout, but I believe there is something more tailored to the GST exercises.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

On that same token does anyone have any post workout cooldown/stretching recommendations to perform after every workout?  Ideally I'm looking for a 20 minute max cooldown.

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Benjamin, you warm up should be structured as follow:

-5 minutes of cardio for warm up the vascular system and heart function

-5.10 minutes dynamic warm up as arms circles swing and dynamic stretch where you try to reach your full range of motion rep over rep

-the last element mastered on foundation for every progression and handstand as your specific warm up.

Benjamin Renaud

@Alessandro Mainente should the last element of the specific warm up be done right before each exercise? For example on upper body days, previous element of RC before work sets, then 1-2 mins rest, then previous element of HBP followed by work sets, more rest, then previous element of SP then work sets. Or should it be all 3 elements warm up sets then onto the 3 elements work sets?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nope,usually I do a giant set will the previously elements mastered in a row, rest only the time to move from station to station.

Christopher Egan

Would this giant warm up set include the paired mobility excercises also?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Absolutely yes.