I recently tore my left middle deltoid and left quad in an accident cycling home (minor tears fortunately). I went through physio for 6 weeks and the tears are fully healed (except for some scar tissue that is working its way out). How should i approach foundation 1 when most of the exercises are not unilateral, i.e. when doing push ups my right side will compensate for my weaker left side - which i don't want to happen. At the moment my left shoulder is visibly atrophied compared to my right, and i can't even see/activate my rear deltoid at all. I have no pain, but i'd like to remove this left/right imbalance before focusing on strength.
Should i substitute foundation strength training for dumbbell work until they even out? Or just build up again using easier exercises from foundation so that i can focus/force my left side to do more work? Or should i use the mobility exercises to build unilateral strength e.g. Xiaopengs
Thanks