This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE6 + iM

Started by Petri Widsten, March 12, 2017 · 18 Replies · 218 Views

Petri Widsten

How do these look? My starting width on the undergrip dislocates.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work here, both the exercises. the IM can be improved for sure. on the shoulder flexion try to push down the armpit to the floor.

Petri Widsten
11 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

. on the shoulder flexion try to push down the armpit to the floor.

While protracting, Alessandro? 

Alessandro Mainente

Well, if you want to move it closer to the floor the only way  it is the protraction.

Petri Widsten

I tried to push my armpits down but am not sure if it looks better. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? The iM feels easy now at this width so I'll start narrowing the grip unless told otherwise.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Petri,

You are headed in the right direction, however, keep working on pressing your armpits to the ground on your PE. On your iM you are welcome to start moving the hands in if you shoulders feel comfortable. It is hard to tell because of the angle of the video, but it looks like you are letting your ribs out. Work on keeping your body-line straight and your ribs pulled down during the iM.

Petri Widsten

Will do, thanks Jeffrey

Petri Widsten

Hello @Alessandro Mainenteand @Jeffrey Bittnerhave I improved sufficiently in terms of pushing my armpits down? The iM is coming along fine.

 

Alessandro Mainente

There is still some room for improvements, also your pelvic region it is moving too much.

Petri Widsten

Cheers. Let's see what it looks like when I've mastered the iM. Many thanks! 

Petri Widsten

Surprisingly, I was able to achieve much greater rom today than I expected but is it enough yet? My lower legs were moving a bit and I know I have fix that.

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Petri you should put your chin on the floor (and you must be able to see with the peripheral vision the thumb in the maximum of the flexion) and not the forehead. this will help to press the chest on the floor and take off all the compensation.

Petri Widsten

Hi Alessandro

I already had my chin on the floor, not my forehead, but my head angle did change during the set. Next time I'll try not to move my head and see if I can see my thumb at the max rom or not. Thanks for the advice.

Petri Widsten
On 2017-5-8 at 7:25 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Petri you should put your chin on the floor (and you must be able to see with the peripheral vision the thumb in the maximum of the flexion) and not the forehead. this will help to press the chest on the floor and take off all the compensation.

I tried to have more rom without those compensations. What do you think of this edition? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Ask you this question: if you stop the arm in the top of the flexion and you use the peripheral vision, can you see your thumbs with your eyes? if not the chin it is too close to the chest and a little bit more of neck extension it is required, by the way, the form it is better than before.

Petri Widsten
26 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Ask you this question: if you stop the arm in the top of the flexion and you use the peripheral vision, can you see your thumbs with your eyes? if not the chin it is too close to the chest and a little bit more of neck extension it is required, by the way, the form it is better than before.

Thanks again. I was going to check whether I can see my thumbs but forgot. Do you want me to fix anything else except the neck position if I can't? 

Alessandro Mainente

The neck position it is relevant in order to reduce compensation.

Petri Widsten
On 2017-5-15 at 9:01 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

The neck position it is relevant in order to reduce compensation.

I can see my hands/thumbs in this position. Should I strive for something more with this PE while I still work on the iM?

20170521_113452_001_6365.thumb.jpg.ed7ede8b03e7909740ab90f2095bf04f.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

very nice correction here!