Pommel Horse is my worst event BY FAR!! I have difficulty doing almost everything including the side travel. I want to know some drills for it so anything will help! Thank you!
Side Travels
Started by whipback, April 21, 2008 · 1 Replies · 1,800 Views
First and foremost you need a solid foundation of basics...I'd say at the very least 30 solid circles on the pommels, and in uphill and downhill.
If you can do that then you just have to remember that a circle on pommels is the same no matter where you do it: tight extended body supported by countering shoulder circles, arms lean and push every time they touch.
It's hard to tell without seeing yours, but the most common problems I see are breaks in extension which makes it considerably harder as you have to muscle the circle around...and not committing to it, make sure you lean and push into and out of the step.