This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Introduce WOD?

Started by Randeep Walia, March 10, 2017 · 1 Replies · 132 Views

Randeep Walia

I'm posting this in the F3 forum as that is where I am at in my training for most progressions right now. My girlfriend's Crossfit box had a free introduction series in NY and she talked me into going. I was reluctant about taking time off from my GST but decided to give it a go.

It was awesome.

Calisthenics actually made up a significant amount of the training and when it came to lifting this particular box was very good about starting light, going slow, and understanding the technical nature of the lifts. But it was the WODs that really spoke to me. Going all out and getting sweaty over 15 minutes or so with a challenging routine was something I had forgot about and have not done in a while. I'm still sticking with GB, of course, but it didn't remind of doing the WODs that used to be on this site. I would like to try them again with the new strength and mobility I've acquired over the years of Foundation training and was wondering if there are plans to bring them back in?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Walia, actually the WOD are reserved fo people who have successfully completed the F4, once there are not a good number of them there is no reason to take them back. Personally after many years and GB only now I can manage all the sets of foundations 4 , I can tell you how do I warm up for my pulling and pushing strength, if you can then probably you can handle an old WOD.

All the exercises are performed in a row only with the time to move from station to station.

pushing: 15 push up - 10 korean dips - 8 free handstand push up - 4 hollowback press

pulling - 15 elevated rows - a combined set of (6 ice cream maker, 5 L-pullup, 4 pullup), a double 5 meters ripe climbing.