This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE6 regular dips form check

Started by Jin Liu, March 10, 2017 · 8 Replies · 120 Views

Jin Liu

Does the body line look ok? Is it too much swing?

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Jin Liu, 

Impressive range of motion and control. Keep up the good work.

Jin Liu
31 minutes ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Jin Liu, 

Impressive range of motion and control. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Leo! I warmed up with weighted shoulder extension stretch (inspired by a lot of coaches on the forum), and it really helped with the depth :)

Stefan Nielsen

what sort of streching do you do for warm up ?

Alessandro Mainente

If the previous exercises of PE and IM were completed with the required mastery of form and range of motion, they can be considered the necessary warm up.

Stefan Nielsen

hi Alessandro, that is what im doing now. I would like to hear more about some of the "weighted shoulder extension stretch" Jin Liu are doing...

Jin Liu
3 hours ago, Stefan Nielsen said:

hi Alessandro, that is what im doing now. I would like to hear more about some of the "weighted shoulder extension stretch" Jin Liu are doing...

One of the forum coaches, Jon Douglas's profile picture best explains what I did for warm up (sorry I don't know the proper name for it). It stretches the shoulders and hamstrings in one shot, so I like that. There're a lot of varieties for shoulder extension stretch, and you can scale up or down and find one form that suits you the best. I'd say it helped with the last half to one inch at the bottom of the dip. I don't think it's the easiest or the safest way for warm up/stretching if you don't have pretty mobile shoulders already. The safest would be to warm up with the previously mastered PE's. 

Kai Ewert

shouldn't this be in the Foundation One forum?

Stefan Nielsen

Hi Jin Liu, ill give a try, think is 5-10 lbs is a good starting point. Thanks for sharing