Iron cross on a chair

Started by De_LosSantos, February 14, 2010 · 3 Replies · 3,213 Views

De_LosSantos

I read a Brad Johnson article in which he said that one could develop an iron cross between two chairs. I wonder if this is really possible. I'm not saying that you could develop an iron cross on chairs and then be able to do it on the rings. What I want to know is if it is possible for someone that doens't has rings, to do an iron cross on chairs.

By the way this is the arcticle http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/36/

De_LosSantos

Btw I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

Sternford

If you can find a way to make sure the chairs don't slide away or tip over, and they are high enough for you to get your feet off the ground, then you can do something which resembles an iron cross

Gregor

Mistakes:

The majority of the gymnastics tension techniques apply to two gymnastics positions: the arch and the hollow. I will describe some of the tension exercises that gymnasts use and provide a guide to working up to three different gymnastics strength moves: the planche (arch), the front lever (hollow), and the iron cross.

Planche, lever and iron cross should be straight.

You can do it on chairs, even better on two gymnastics blocks. As you discoverd by yourself you won't be able to hold it on a rings but you will be very near to hold it.

My top way to learn iron cross should be something like:

1. pully system at first and with added weights

2. combination of spotted crosses, with bands, negatives without anything

3. spotted crosses with grasp and regrasping trunk in cross position by spotter, iron cross without anything

4. iron cross

Of course you must intensified work on your elbow prehab, shoulder rotators.