This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP Sets going down

Started by Garry Barker, March 9, 2017 · 7 Replies · 175 Views

Garry Barker

Hi all

I eventually reached 5 x 15 pushups on HBP PE2  but for the last 2 workouts my sets have dropped to 15 15 15 11 7 and 12 reps is a lot of strength to lose.  It took me 4/5 months to reach and was tough challenge so it's really disappointing but I was just wondering if Is this common or has anyone else had a similar issue?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi GArry sometime it happens, in fact in order to consider an exercise mastered I pretend from my client to perform 2 following training session at mastery level. not less.

Garry Barker

So for example 2 sets of push ups at 5 x 15 reps for mastery. Is that correct?

Antonio Alías Montoya
5 hours ago, Garry Barker said:

So for example 2 sets of push ups at 5 x 15 reps for mastery. Is that correct?

In separate days of course!

This happen to me ofently with core exercises, not very much with upper. There are many factors that can lead to that like for example energy levels, time of the day you are training, time passed since your last HBP training, las time you mastered was with worse form and now you are using better form and that s why is harder or simply the body does not respong always the same and it s natural going  a step back to push forward!

I think you shouldn t worry too much. Don t think as a lost of strenght. If you keep training u are doing good. Specially happens to me with Front Lever PE1, i go forward and backward endlessly, very recently I realized is maybe due to very tight posterior chain. I ll work on that!

Good luck!

Leonhard Krahé
13 hours ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

Specially happens to me with Front Lever PE1, i go forward and backward endlessly, very recently I realized is maybe due to very tight posterior chain. I ll work on that!

26ufdipQqU2lhNA4g.gif

Garry Barker
14 hours ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

las time you mastered was with worse form and now you are using better form and that s why is harder or simply the body does not respong always the same and it s natural going  a step back to push forward!

Hi Antonio

For some reason this didn't cross my mind but makes sense. Hopefully this is the case. Going to have a look into this posterior chain as well.

Thanks for the info 

Briac Roquet

Not just your posterior chain, guys. Your hip flexors as well, for PPT. ;)

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Garry Barker said:

So for example 2 sets of push ups at 5 x 15 reps for mastery. Is that correct?

Nope, for example 5x15 on monday and again on thurs.