This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Knee flicking during bHBR

Started by Greg White, March 9, 2017 · 6 Replies · 113 Views

Greg White

Hi all,

I've posted about this in form checks but I thought i'd put it out here too as I'd appreciate other students experience on this.

I'll give TL;DR verison, there's more on the last post/s on below link.

Been on bHBR for ages, still unable to maintain hip angle, knees are flicking. Any cues/technique to stop this? I've tried the hands on knees technique for a couple of months but this hasn't helped.

Cheers

Alessandro Mainente

HI Greg, please post a video of your "hands to knee" variation.

Greg White
On 09/03/2017 at 2:39 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Greg, please post a video of your "hands to knee" variation.

Will do Alex. Hopefully will have that posted in the next day or two. Cheers.

Edit: video added to the form check forum.

Josh Earl

Hey Greg, I've had the same problem for a while. 

What's worked for me is practicing the hands on knees variation for low reps and outside of my regular workouts. 

The key with this is to not just rest your hands on your knees, but to actively lock out your arms and push forward with your hands as you rock back onto your shoulders, while also contracting your abs hard to prevent the knees from moving.

For me, the force to continue the rock comes from contracting as I rock back onto my shoulders. Once you get the feeling, it starts to feel like your abs are a coiled spring in that position. 

Also, try tucking your feet into your glutes to prevent them from moving until you start to "get" the sensation. 

It also helps to start the movement from a seated position rather than lying on your back, so you don't need an initial kick to get started. 

Keep working at it!

Deb Ludington

Josh, this information is awesome. Going to try your method myself. Great cue on the abs. Thanks!

 

Josh Earl
13 hours ago, Deb Ludington said:

Josh, this information is awesome. Going to try your method myself. Great cue on the abs. Thanks!

 

You're welcome! You'll likely need to go back several steps when you "get" it. I was doing 5x60 with knee flicks. It was a rude awakening. :)

Greg White

Thanks Josh, great tips. Will definitely give these a try. :)