This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE4 & IM

Started by Affan Osman, March 9, 2017 · 3 Replies · 36 Views

Affan Osman

Hi, I have advanced to PE4 on SLS, but I haven't put in a form check yet for it so wanted to make sure my form is correct. Also posting PE3 just to make sure I didn't advance too quickly.

PE3

PE4

PE4 IM

thanks for your help!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Affan,

I recommend spending some more time mastering PE3. You are not getting full ROM out of your squat. As you do this exercise, your gluts should almost touch the ground. You can see in your video that you are also pretty hunched as you squat. Keep working on straightening your spine and sitting up as you squat down. At the bottom of your the movement, your heels come up off the ground. This is caused by poor ankle flexibility.

I recommend spending some time stretching the ankles as it will help your squats to improve. The Front Splits stretch course contains some great ankle exercises that will help improve your ankle mobility.

Affan Osman

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner. I have been doing couple of the seizas and kneeling Achilles stretch almost daily. Will drop down to PE3 and focus on improving my ROM.

Jeffrey Bittner

@Affan Osman Please let us know if you have any questions along the way. We are happy to help.