This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front Lever PE5 what is correct approach to progress

Started by Mike Inglis, March 9, 2017 · 1 Replies · 93 Views

Mike Inglis

I'm having trouble with Front Lever PE5 at 4x48.

I am able to do 5x 36 seconds with no form failure.

Now with 4x 48, on the 4th set I'm losing form with about 20s remaining - my lower back starts to arch a bit.

I'm able to hold to the very end but I know my form is no longer correct.

Should I:

1. continue at 4x48 and watch for strengthening to come eventually?

2. go back to 5x36, add a 6th set?

Thanks for your feedback!

Everett Carroll

Hi Mike,

Awesome question! Go with option 2 and add an additional set of 36s after you complete 5x36. Once that feels easy, 4x48s should be no problem.