This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help needed: parallel bars

Started by Dieter Wichmann, March 8, 2017 · 3 Replies · 164 Views

Dieter Wichmann

Hi,

a friend of mine is selling his parallel bars (see photo); can get it for a few $.

I know a few exercises in F1 & F2 where it make sense to own such a device. I am not in F3 & F4. So my question to the coaches and other athletes in this forum: does it make sense to own such a tool?

58c08658aed07_Bildschirmfoto2017-03-08um23_30_44.png.0b26d982902c1c07b64c14bf8ecc0b91.png

 

Thanks!

-Dieter

Everett Carroll

Hi Dieter,

Parallel bars are awesome so if you have the opportunity, I say get them! You'll use them for some exercises in F3 and F4 as well.

Dieter Wichmann

Hi Everett,

just got them. Thanks for your advice.

One more question: the length of the wooden side rails/holms/bars (not sure what´s the correct word is) is 3,30m (130inches). Do I need this size?

In other words: to do my training can I shorten the bars? Would e.g. 2,00m (78 inches) be good enough to do all the exercises in F1-F4?

-Dieter

Everett Carroll

You could shorten them to 78 inches and be just fine.