This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Breakfast for Morning Workout

Started by Max Wallach, March 8, 2017 · 4 Replies · 192 Views

Max Wallach

I've been following thrive for a while now and have a quick question regarding breakfast.  I tried searching for similar posts and didn't find any.

I have started biking to work in the morning(6 miles with a couple of hills).  I am also considering doing my foundation work in the morning.  Would you suggest any changes to breakfast or still just the protein and fat?

Thanks,

Max

Everett Carroll

Hi Max,

Awesome question. I see you've completed the whole course so stick with the tips from step 19's lesson and go for only breakfast fat and protein. 

Kanesa Seraphin

I'm still on Thrive 1, but I noticed that in the lessons there was mention of just fat and protein for breakfast, so I searched around the forum to look at whether carbs can be with breakfast too. What I'm seeing is that "cut the breakfast carbs" is coming? My current breakfast is a corn tortilla heated lightly in olive oil, sundried tomatoes in olive oil, two eggs (only with minimal yolk as I don't like the taste of a lot of yolk), and black coffee. I don't do dairy. If we have avocado, I eat that too (I live in Hawaii; sometimes there are lots of avos, sometimes there are none). Am I supposed to cut carbs at breakfast, or is that down the road? 

As background, I've been doing Thrive for three weeks. I missed logging one dinner veg, and on this saturday (our mother's day dinner), I didn't eat a cooked veg (salad instead) so my consecutive days aren't that many, but I have been following the program loyally.

Thoughts appreciated, Kanesa

Pauline Taube

Hi Kanesa,

Sounds like you're doing well. Just keep focusing on your current tasks, which for breakfast is to add fat and protein. No need to remove anything yet :) 

Michael Vetter

@Kanesa Seraphin now i'm hungy!