This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How much training can i do?

Started by Metin Dabak, March 8, 2017 · 3 Replies · 186 Views

Metin Dabak

Hello GB people! 

First of all what a fantastic program! I love it and i am very motivated to reach my goals as fast as possible.

I am male 22, started bodyweight strength training 2 years ago and now I got a short straddle frontlever, backlever, straddle planche maybe 8 muscle ups, 10 single leg squats, 1 rope climb and a 50 sec not very straight handstand. 

Now recently I started with the foundation

and I just go trough everything, and find even some things that are really hard to do like a 60sec x5 straddle hold. But still for now its quite easy so now im doing core/lowerbody/upperbody everyday because thats the courses i have now(planning to buy more). 

In a podcast i heard coach sommer say it takes approx 2-4 years to reach the end of foundation 4 like a planche, frontlever, sidelever, manna, hollowbody press, single leg squat etc.

Now i want to speed this up, so after the gst im doing my own training in my room untill i feel like I have done a good training and then i give the body time to recover.

Also I have signed up for gymnastics but sadly the male adults is only one hour per week.

do you guys have any tips on how to reach my goals fast, safe and efficient.

Many thanks in advance.

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Metin,

The thing about training frequency and volume is that more or less of those variables does not always equal greater strength gains or quicker improvement. In fact, training all 3 Foundation workouts every day is going to ultimately slow your progress because your body won't be able to keep up and recover. I think my suggestions from this thread will help you to find a better weekly schedule and progress faster: 

Metin Dabak

Hello everett,

Because im still at the beginning and can select very easy on most of the exercises isnt it better to do a little more work untill i feel that i have trained for today?

I am used to being sore the next day after training.

Everett Carroll

Hi Metin,

No, I suggest using your extra energy to record some form check videos and work on your mobility. I know the course will get harder for you very soon so it's not worth trying to stick to what will surely become an unsustainable training schedule. Soreness does not always indicate productivity and if you are training every day to that point, your body will eventually fail to keep up.