This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Balancing a busy schedule

Started by Travis Joseph, March 7, 2017 · 5 Replies · 140 Views

Travis Joseph

I have a lot of stuff I'm working on, not sure if it's too much. I need some advice balancing my schedule. Currently I am working on foundations, handstand and the 3 stretch programs. I have absolutely no time for workouts on Mondays and Wednesdays due to work and school all day, so those have inherently become rest days. I have also been trying to Rock climb at least 1 day a week. How should I split up my training to stay effective and not overdo it?

Alessandro Mainente

How is your current schedule ?

Julia Quigley

Can you do rock climbing on any day? If had your restrictions I'd do

Tuesday: abs, lower body, and a stretch series

Thursday: upper body and a stretch series 

Friday: HS & stretch series 

Sat/Sun: climb 

Travis Joseph

Thanks I like that schedule I was feeling unorganized after some changes. Is it going to be enough to exercise everything only once a week?

Darin Phoenix

Coach's recommended schedule has you exercising everything only once per week. It is an excellent starting point and can be re-evaluated after a period of time. The best schedule is the one that works for you taking into account your individual workload capacity and recovery abilities. 

Travis Joseph

Ok that's great I'll work with that schedule for a while and see how it goes