This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FSSSE22 vertical lunge straight

Started by Leigh Kettle, March 6, 2017 · 3 Replies · 108 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey

Being a newbie to the front split series can you advise me on whether this is an acceptable starting position for  this exercise . I'm actively squeezing my glute trying to maintain ppt and sit up as tall as I can 

I cannot yet straighten my front leg but understand this is ok for now right? 

 

IMG_3307.JPG

IMG_3309.JPG

Antonio Alías Montoya

My beginning was worst. My leg was aproximately 15 centimetres away from the wall. So I guess it s ok to start like this. I d say it s more important to keep your torso upright than placing all your leg in the wall and not being able to stay straight. I don t know coaches recommendations but I started holding my hands on 2 chairs to keep my torso straight (PPT) and just very recently I started using the blocks. I hated this strecth, I am starting to love it! :)

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Antonio . I love the feeling these stretches give already . Just hoping they are being done correctly as you say they sure feel like they are. 

Alessandro Mainente

Antonio's suggestion it is correct. the upper body vertical it is a must.