This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sprained LCL Skiing

Started by Steve McKenna, March 5, 2017 · 1 Replies · 56 Views

Steve McKenna

Hi guys,

I've been working on HS1, Foundation 2 and Stretch recently but this week I sprained or tore my LCL skiing in Park City.  I'll be seeing my dr later today but expecting that's going to just result in a referral to a specialist and more waiting.

I have been letting it rest since Tuesday, but I'm getting restless and want to get back to working out.  I'm sure some of the programming is going to be out of the question.  Upper body and core I should be mostly ok with.  My question is which of the stretch series do you think I should be avoiding?  Also are there any specific stretches that you can suggest that may help to speed of the recovery?  It's still very stiff at this point so I'll be taking it slow either way.

Any advice is appreciated!

Steve

Everett Carroll

Hi Steve,

Avoid any stretches that cause even mild pain or discomfort. Focus on letting your ankle fully recover and don't push through any pain. Let your medical professional guide you to a safe, speedy recovery. We can not provide specific suggestions for that over the forum.