This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Forward pike stretch progression- is this ok to proceed

Started by Leigh Kettle, March 5, 2017 · 6 Replies · 138 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hi everyone

ive read conflicting advice regarding the correct progression for forward pike stretch if one can only achieve an approximate  90deg pike with Apt/flat back 

I've included a picture of my current progress with this for your advice on please 

my apt during pancake work in ms is something of an issue im trying to correct even up on two blocks so I'd like your advice on where I go from here regarding this please if what you see in the pic isn't good enough to continue this way 

I've also included my ms standing pancake (I appreciate not in correct forum ) but wanted your opinions on them both if you could 

many thanks 

Leigh 

 

IMG_3300.PNG

IMG_3301.PNG

Leigh Kettle

Anyone please ????

Leigh Kettle

........

Alessandro Mainente

Actually your APT it is ok, reaching the full apt in the pike it is very hard and it depends on many factors like muscle mass in the upper legs and upper body.

on the other side the ability to achieve an APT during pancake depends on glutes and hamstring flexibility plus gracilis and sartorius flexibiliy., something that can be achieved with bent knees pancake work specifically.

Your form are good enough.

Leigh Kettle

Thanks alex

shall i  continue with straight legs trying to go deeper each session then or are you saying I should bend legs to go deeper . Little confused on the right path to take from here 

many thanks 

Leigh 

Alessandro Mainente

Probably I would do both, and probably the bent leg (15-20°) variation immediately before the straight legs variation. couple of minutes.

Leigh Kettle

Awesome thank you