This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

JC technique

Started by Guido Franchetti, March 5, 2017 · 1 Replies · 81 Views

Guido Franchetti

As recently recommended by Coach and others, in the JC I usually let the bar follow its natural path dictated by gravity. Towards the end of the uncurling part of the movement the bar naturally comes close to the body, in contact with the legs. I have noticed that if I force it to stay at some distance, I need to engage the low back much more to complete the movement.

However, it feels like too much strain for the lower back so I usually avoid to do it. Is that right? Is this actually the reason why @Alessandro Mainente was advising beginners to keep the bar in contact with the legs at all times, so to be sure that the lower back is not excessively strained?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, it is the same suggestion. basically if you can deadlift 2X your BW then i'm less worried about the bar movement during the JC BUT i do not have any type of additional information, so the more the bar it is held closer to your body the more it is better.