This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Avoiding bread at breakfast

Started by Guido Franchetti, March 5, 2017 · 2 Replies · 90 Views

Guido Franchetti

I just wanted to share the solutions I found to replace bread with some of my favourites breakfast food, salmon and anchovies.

They are both a nice breakfast choice, but the flavour can be quite strong and they need something to tone it down a bit. I used to have bread and butter with them but since Thrive recommends (but does not require as of Thrive 1) to remove carbs from breakfast I have been looking for alternatives.

I have already posted somewhere that salmon goes well (at least for me) with yoghurt.

Recently I have discovered that anchovies go well with avocado. As my culinary sophistication is non-existent, I literally bite alternatively one and the other, but more culinary-savvy people can surely come up with more interesting solutions!

Travis Joseph

Good quality smoked salmon from the local farmers market with poached eggs and a squeeze of lemon, a good cheese, Keifer or Greek yogurt are good breakfast combos with fish. For lunch smoked salmon also goes very well in salad with butternut squash as a good all inclusive meal. 

Good thing you're kicking the bread habit, not optimal.

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Travis, I'll experiment a bit more!