This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lower Body - SLS Mastery upon completion of F1

Started by Robert Lopez, March 5, 2017 · 9 Replies · 229 Views

Robert Lopez

If I have mastered SLS PE5 under Lower Body in F1, should I now be able to do a single legged squat? I was hoping that the single legged squat would have been the final exercise progression under this "Lower Body" F1 course. Do I need to supplement with googling how to single leg squat, now that I have built up the necessary strength and mobility?

Please do not tell me that I need to purchase F2 to further my SLS progression! Lol... I was able to do deck squats before I even purchased F1 and could also already squat bwx2 upon starting the program. 

I also only started F1 two months ago, and am still stuck on PE2 on all other lifts within F1 (upper body and core).

This information is not super clear to me within the GB course instruction, and any guidance is extremely appreciated. This same question is also going to apply to learning the other movements promised within F1 of GB, such as Manna, Side Lever and Front Lever. Will I be able to do these movements upon mastery of all of the progressions within F1?

Benjamin Renaud

I'm pretty sure you need to go to F4 to master the skill, witch ever one it is. I'm pretty sure next SLS PE will be cossack squats and side to side squats, that's what was after deck squats in the old system. Maybe you can start to work on those until you buy F2.

Antonio Alías Montoya
15 hours ago, Robert Lopez said:

 

This information is not super clear to me within the GB course instruction, and any guidance is extremely appreciated. This same question is also going to apply to learning the other movements promised within F1 of GB, such as Manna, Side Lever and Front Lever. Will I be able to do these movements upon mastery of all of the progressions within F1?

I am sorry to tell you but all this movements are not promised within F1, they are promised withing Foundation. Foundation means Foundation 1, 2, 3 and 4. That s why they have the same name. After completing F4 in all progression you ll have mastered all this movements. Also if you go to your course library you ll be able to see all the progressions of F1 and you will realize that any of the progressions finish mastering the movement.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Also PE means "Preparatory Exercise" and SE means "Specific Exercise". In F1 there is not even SE, it s a very fundamental but very necessary preparation of the body for the next course.

Think about years to achieve this movements. Some maybe faster than others.

Robert Lopez

 

25 minutes ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

Also PE means "Preparatory Exercise" and SE means "Specific Exercise". In F1 there is not even SE, it s a very fundamental but very necessary preparation of the body for the next course.

Think about years to achieve this movements. Some maybe faster than others.

Well..dang it! Lol. I guess I'm in for the journey. One last question- if I am finished with SLS (lower body) for F1, but I'm still behind in all of the other F1 course movements (upper body and core), should I purchase F2 and jump ahead on legs, or just keep doing the mastery I'm at for SLS within F1, until my other movements are completed for F1? Thanks!

Antonio Alías Montoya

If money is not a problem then certainly go ahead with F2 with SLS, that s how it should be done. But if you prefer to wait some time don t wait until completing all elements in F1 because it can takes a lot in some of them. If your choice is to wait some time (not the best option) you can start working on cossack squat as Benjamin suggested.

Robert Lopez
4 minutes ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

If money is not a problem then certainly go ahead with F2 with SLS, that s how it should be done. But if you prefer to wait some time don t wait until completing all elements in F1 because it can takes a lot in some of them. If your choice is to wait some time (not the best option) you can start working on cossack squat as Benjamin suggested.

Your responses were very helpful. Thank you! I will go ahead and purchase F2 and continue as recommended!

Antonio Alías Montoya

You are welcome!

Suzanna McGee
16 minutes ago, Robert Lopez said:

should I purchase F2 and jump ahead on legs, or just keep doing the mastery I'm at for SLS within F1, until my other movements are completed for F1?

I would buy F2 (I bought all of them immediately, so I know what is coming :) ) and you can keep working on and improving all the the movements at your body's pace. for me, in two movements (SLS and SL) I am already in F2, on two (push-ups and rings) I am far behind, still in PE2, and the rest around PE6. I just go with the flow, patiently, and consistently. :)

Everett Carroll
On 3/5/2017 at 2:10 PM, Robert Lopez said:

should I purchase F2 and jump ahead on legs, or just keep doing the mastery I'm at for SLS within F1, until my other movements are completed for F1?

 

Like Antonio and Suzanna said, you don't want to hold back SLS while the others catch up. One you have completed F1 progressions for a category you want to move right to F2.