This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN IM/1 Stiff legged windmill

Started by Leigh Kettle, March 4, 2017 · 9 Replies · 211 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys this mobility drill I've literally been on since I started foundation in October of last year and have struggled getting depth and reaching back but I feel I'm making headwayhttps://youtu.be/jRGvvaCidwE. this will be my second such form check of this drill so im hoping I've improved lol 

many thanks

leigh 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Leigh,

Nice job. I recommend bringing your feet slightly closer together. Doing so will help you to get a deeper stretch in the hamstrings rather than on the inside of the thigh around your gracilis. You are also picking up a small amount of knee bend at the bottom of each rep. Keep the legs locked.

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Jeffrey 

i always try and keep strong knees so this clearly has been lacking a little on this video so will be sure to tighten this up as well as how wide I am

myntuck ups are lacking in form so in going to go right back to step one and re visit this whole progression 

determined to get it right 

many thanks 

Leigh 

Leigh Kettle

@Jeffrey Bittner

hey jeffrey

ive reevaluated my windmill progress and hope you wouldn't mind checking out my latest submission for critique . I've recorded  both  sides and two angles 

many thanks

Leigh 

https://youtu.be/XXFo86Tq0Eo

Leigh Kettle

@Jeffrey Bittner hey Jeffrey please could you take a look at my resubmission taking your points into practice 

many thanks

leigh 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Leigh,

Great improvement! Your form looks good. At the top of each rep, make sure that you are pushing tall through the shoulder. Awesome job being consistent in your training!

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Jeffrey yes definitely finally  feeling like this exercise is starting to click . 

Leigh 

Leigh Kettle

@Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Jeffrey as you have been consistently mentoring me with this exercise I wonder if you could check my current form out 

many thanks

leigh 

https://youtu.be/teYdpmqmFz0

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Leigh,

Nice adjustment. You are doing a much better job of focusing on shoulder position. Don't forget to also focus on straight knees. Keep it up!

Leigh Kettle

Thank you mate 

And will do 

cheers

leigh