This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Biceps tendon rehab.

Started by Jan Doennum, March 4, 2017 · 6 Replies · 140 Views

Jan Doennum

Hi.

I am currently doing foundation one and the three stretch series. I suspect i have a biceps tendon inflammation and have had for several years, it presents itself as pain in the front of the shoulder. Mri's an x-ray's dine but with no phatological findings. Is there any "go to" treatments or exercises that could be tried?

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Jan Doennum,

Have you tried seeing a medical professional? Before looking for alternative treatments and exercise, I strongly suggest to consult with a medical professional first.

Jan Doennum

Hi.

Yes, i  have been at this since 2013. Having x-rays, mri's, ultrasound without any spesific findings. A small thickening of the biceps tendon is all that has been found. I have tried the usual physio stuff but with little luck.

Leo Trinidad

Hi Jan,

I think @Wesley Tan and @Mark Collins can better give you feedback on this one. 

Antonio Alías Montoya
On 4/3/2017 at 11:11 AM, Jan Doennum said:

Hi.

I am currently doing foundation one and the three stretch series. I suspect i have a biceps tendon inflammation and have had for several years, it presents itself as pain in the front of the shoulder. Mri's an x-ray's dine but with no phatological findings. Is there any "go to" treatments or exercises that could be tried?

Hey Jan! I feel your pain!

I was like you just some months ago and I was with pain in the front of the shoulder for more than a year. I went to at least 6 different physioterapies and no one could help me or found a problem. My problem was solved when I visited Wesley Tan, mentioned above. The solution was GST! What Wesley found wasn t an injury. It was just a very unfunctional shoulder. For some reason my right shoulder was lower than the other, the collarbone looks different and probably shorter, lacking the shoulder a lot of mobility (specially shoulder flexion) and due to this with pushing movements I was having too much tension in the biceps tendon. I am not saying you have the same problem, I couldn t know even if I see you. But I am sure the Thoracic Bridge series, some of the mobility from Foundation and some extra mobility and stretches for shoulder prehab and rehab will help you.

If you have pain in the front of the shoulder then all the exercises that takes the tension out of this area will be very good, like table, rocking table, shoulder extension, chest stretches like A, T, Y position, lat stretches. Always do all the stretches without feeling pain. Table has been amazing for me. having a good scapular movement is also important: retraction, protaction, depression and elevation, so you can work in all of them. Handstand 1 mobility is also very good. Search for "dislocates" here in the forum, Coach Sommer highly recomend them.

I really hope you can get rid of it because i suffered a lot with this issue. If you have any more questions just ask me. And if you live in England go and visit Wesley! If not, try to find a good physio or osteopath that knows a lot about movements, specially streght or gymnastics, but I know this is very hard. If you can t find I d use my time in GST shoulder mobility and flexibility. Good luck!

Antonio Alías Montoya
15 hours ago, Jan Doennum said:

Hi.

Yes, i  have been at this since 2013. Having x-rays, mri's, ultrasound without any spesific findings. A small thickening of the biceps tendon is all that has been found. I have tried the usual physio stuff but with little luck.

Exactly as happened to me!

Jan Doennum

Thank you for the replies, i have had some success with Just hanging from a bar for longer periode of time > 60 sec or more, for now i guess i will continue to work my way through foundation one and the stretch series, avoiding pain as much as possible. And see where it takes me.