Hi,
ive been working on my double front for a couple of weeks now but am struggling with the balance between height and rotation speed.
is anyone able to give a few pointers on my form in the linked video?
thanks in advance!
Started by Paul Wallbridge, March 3, 2017 · 5 Replies · 1,329 Views
Hi,
ive been working on my double front for a couple of weeks now but am struggling with the balance between height and rotation speed.
is anyone able to give a few pointers on my form in the linked video?
thanks in advance!
It looks to me like your set is not close enough to vertical, which is why you are travelling so far forwards.
Thanks @Robert Davis, I wondered if the initial direction might be causing me to lose height and travel too far. I'll try and work on that next week ![]()
You're welcome. By the way, if you stick with gb at home and continue to play in the gym you might be able to put together some routines in another year or two. Would you like to compete again? Not every college meet is limited to students. ![]()
I'm mostly in it for health reasons and to learn techniques and training methods to help my son who is very keen on gymnastics (he's 5 so just having fun with it at the moment but keeps asking me for tips etc)
Ok, let me know if you get the bug once you are able to do skills again. That can be a side effect of gst for previous gymnasts.
Coach Sommer joked that he couldn't speak to me anymore after I told him I was still competing. But he has created a serious enabler for that behavior with GB.