This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder pain with MNPE6

Started by Matthew Love, March 3, 2017 · 2 Replies · 75 Views

Matthew Love

Hi All

 

I am struggling with MNPE6. Specifically I believe that I have a shoulder mobility issue. I have no problems getting my toes to the bar and can lower them over ten seconds, however there is significant pain in my r shoulder.  The pain makes me bend my elbows while trying to lower my toes from the bar. This is being done on a pull up bar, I don't know if that matters. I have a welder friend working on a pair of stall bars for me right now and will pick them up next week. Is there a specific group of exercises you might suggest to increase my range of motion before moving on with this exercise?

 

Thanks

 

Matt

Pauline Taube

Hi Matt,

Thanks for reaching out.

I would not reccomend to train through this pain, and if it continues I would suggest to see a physio or other medical professional. 

The Thoracic Bridge course and Handstand One course have lots of shoulder mobility exercises that will help improve your ROM. 

When you perform this exercise your shoulders should be relaxed and you should not use your shoulders to pull up. Your elbows should also be completely locked.  It makes it a little tricky to do this on a pull-up bar as it's easier to lean backwards. I'd reccomend to work on your shoulder mobility and make sure that you master the progression on stall bars before moving on to the next progression. 

I would recommend to stay on this progression until you are able to do it painfree and with good form. Feel free to submit a form check here to get more personal feedback :) 

Matthew Love

Thank you Pauline

 

Will work on my shoulder mobility